Wilson Homecare is a private duty home health care agency licensed by the State of Hawaii. We have been serving the island community of Oahu since 1996. Our mission is to give compassionate, dependable and flexible care of the highest quality, while maintaining extremely competitive rates. In order to achieve this mission, we offer a variety of home health care services.
Whether you need respite care, palliative care, or long-term care, we can assist you at home or in an assisted living facility or even at the hospital. We consider it a privilege to be entrusted with your care.
(click on each one to learn more):
Our Care Professionals:
- Are bonded, insured, and supervised;
- Have passed both criminal and abuse background checks;
- Have been screened for TB;
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid
All in-home care is supervised by a licensed nurse care consultant whose duties include:
- Regular home visits
- Client evaluation
- Care Professional supervision
- Revising/updating client care plans
- 24/7 phone support
(3-hour minimum shift to 24-hour care, 7 days per week)
Our Nurse Aides will help you perform your daily activities and maintain your independence in the safety and comfort of your home or facility. Before we begin services, we provide a complimentary initial consultation. We then develop a plan of care, with input and direction from the client and/or family. This care plan instructs the Nurse Aides in the various tasks they perform. Nurse Aide duties include:
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Bathroom & Kitchen clean-up
- Bed-making/Linen Change
- Personal Care
- Incontinence Care
- Turning and Positioning
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Taking vital signs
- Assist with wheelchair/walker
- Fall Prevention
Skilled Nursing Care
(2-hour minimum shift to 24-hour care; 7 days per week)
Skilled Nursing home health services include all tasks performed at the Nurse Aide level of care, in addition to
the skilled nursing care performed by our LPNs and RNs.
Our nurse care consultant will review your specific care requirements and create a plan of care in accordance
with your physician’s orders.
Skilled nursing care services include:
- Wound Care
- Medication Administration
- Ventilator Care
- Pain Management
- Oxygen Therapy
- Catheter Insertion
- Patient Teaching
- G-Tube Feeding
- IV Therapy
Clients may add medication administration services to their plan of care for an additional fee. Our Nurse will pre-pour your medications into weekly pill containers for 28-day cycles. A list of the medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, will be provided to your physician for written authorization.
Call us at 808-596-4486 to schedule a complimentary initial consultation and learn more about our home
health care services. Or click on the Contact Us link.
Clients receiving in-home health care services may also choose to have their professional home health aide drive for them using a vehicle supplied by the client or family member. Clients can get to appointments, enjoy an outing, or have the care professional run errands for them for no additional fees. Clients are responsible for any costs (i.e., gas, insurance, parking) associated with transportation.
Transportation services using a Wilson Care Group vehicle are available to our clients for an additional fee. Clients can call the office to schedule these services.
Click on a question to view the answer.
- What makes Wilson Homecare different from other home care agencies?
- Are your employees screened?
- Do you only take care of seniors?
- Do you provide services in facilities?
- Do you charge extra for night or weekend care?
- Is there a charge for an initial consultation?
- Is there a “Contract for Services” and if so, what is the cancellation policy?
- What is the minimum number of hours required per shift?
- Do you provide twenty-four hour care?
- How often are patient care needs reassessed?
- Is there supervision of the caregivers by administrative staff?
- How are calls handled after business hours and on weekends?
- Why should I go through an agency as opposed to privately hiring someone?
- How do I start services?
- How does the schedule work?