What Can You Expect as a Caregiver at Wilson Care Group?
Here at Wilson Care Group, we receive a lot of inquiries from people looking for caregiver jobs. As a Honolulu based company, this should come as no surprise, however, as a reputable home care service provider we must do our due diligence in making sure that every caregiver we employ is able to perform all of the duties that are necessary when providing care for another human. In our previous post, we went over some of the basic duties that our caregivers must perform when employed by us and, in today’s post, we are going to continue where we left off. As always, if you would like to learn more about the caregiver jobs we have available please visit our website today or call us at 808-518-3123.
Do You Have What it Takes to be a Caregiver?
While a job in Honolulu is a pretty big draw for most people, we want everyone reading this blog to understand that a caregiving job with Wilson Care Group is not just a vehicle to live in a tropical paradise. Our caregivers are expected perform a range of duties and below we have listed what some of these duties entail.
- Meal Prep: Who doesn’t love a home cooked meal? One of the most important, and often one of the least talked about, tasks that our caregivers handle is food preparation for their patients. Many of our patients are unable to handle the physical requirements of cooking, however, this does not mean that they don’t crave some down home cooking. While our caregivers do not have to be gourmet chefs, they need to be able to handle the preparation and cooking of basic dishes.
- Housekeeping: Maintaining a home, while important, can become more difficult as people age. Tasks that once took half an hour to complete can become a multiple hour affair and, occasionally, cannot be completed at all. Our caregivers provide patients with assistance around the home including vacuuming, dusting, and any other light cleaning service that a patient may need. We have found through our years of helping people who are relegated to their homes that a little cleaning can go a long way in brightening their spirits.
- Transport: One of the most frequent services that our caregivers provide is transportation. For many of our patients, piloting a vehicle is out of the questions, however, this doesn’t mean that they don’t still have places that they need to get to. Between doctors appointments, social visits, errands, and visits to the pharmacy or grocery store, many of our patients have plenty of places that they need to visit each week.
- Companionship: Perhaps the most important service that our caregivers provide, and one that we are particularly proud of at Wilson Care Group, is companionship. While many of our patients have family members that regularly visit them, being homebound can still take a toll psychologically. Humans are social creatures and, as such, our caregivers develop relationships with their patients acting as their companion and friend. Of all of our services, we pride ourselves most on the level of care and attention that our caregivers provide for their patients each and every day.
- Monitoring: The last service that we are going to cover is another one of those that most people outside of the business probably don’t think too much about. Caregivers are medical professionals and part of the role of a medical professional is to monitor their patient’s overall health and well-being for as long as they are under their care. Our caregivers are trained to keep track of their patient’s overall health and make sure that they are living with the highest quality of life possible.
We hope that this short blog series has helped to shed some light on some of the duties that our caregivers perform each and every day. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Wilson Care Group, please visit our website today to browse our selection of caregiver jobs. We have been providing Honolulu residents with professional homecare services for years and we would love for you to become a part of our team. Contact us today and see just how rewarding a caregiving job can be!