About Shelley Wilson
Get To Know Shelley
Shelley Wilson was introduced to the concept of in-home health care at the tender age of 18, when, less than two years into her career as an Army medic, she suffered life-threatening injuries due to a tragic automobile accident.
During her arduous three-year recovery, she had many occasions to consider how beneficial it would be — for herself and for her family — to have the help and support of professional home care services. What began as tragedy blossomed into inspiration. Shelley began drafting a blueprint for success with a philosophy of dependable, quality care services for clients ranging from infants to elderly individuals, provided by a phenomenal team of competent, compassionate caregivers. Thus, in 1996, when she was just 21 years old, Shelley founded Wilson Homecare. Since then, countless people of all ages, from infants to elderly loved ones, have received professional, experienced, and compassionate home health care services.
About Wilson Care Group
Today, with more than 400 employees, Wilson Homecare is Hawaii’s largest private-duty home health service provider.
Over the years, as Wilson grew her reputation for trusted, dependable care, clients began requesting more options to consider when in-home care was no longer the safest, most viable choice. Shelley began drafting a new blueprint. This time, for a home in which our Kupuna can thrive; a caring environment that embraces and nurtures them.
In 2013, Wilson Senior Living in Kailua opened its doors, welcoming 22 residents to this state-licensed adult residential care home (“ARCH”) in the Aikahi neighborhood of Kailua, Oahu. It is one of the premier senior living residences on Oahu.
Whether by our in-home health care providers, or by our gentle, compassionate senior living staff of caregivers, we consider it a privilege to be entrusted with the care of your loved one; and we pledge to provide the gold standard of professional, compassionate care, in your home or in ours!
Accolades bestowed upon Shelley and her team of home health care professionals by the community:
- Pacific Business News – Largest Women-Owned Employer
- East-West Center – Commendation for Distinguished Service
- Pacific Business News – Industry Leader Honoree
- Pacific Edge Magazine Business Executive of the Year
- Girl Scouts of America Woman of Distinction
- YWCA LeaderLuncheon Honoree
- SMEI Distinguished Sales & Marketing Entrepreneur of the Year
- Pacific Business News Business Leadership Hawaii Awards: Wilson Homecare, Best in Small Business Winner
- American Savings Bank Business Leader of the Year: Shelley Wilson, Finalist
- Pacific Business News “2011 Businesswoman of the Year” in the for-profit category
- Wilson Homecare is ranked #5 in Hawaii’s “Top 25 Women-Owned Businesses in Hawaii”
- Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame Laureate
- Small Business Administration “Small Business Person of the Year-Island of Oahu”
- Smart Business Hawaii “Smart Business Success All-Star Award” (2009)
- Wilson Homecare recognized by Pat Summerall as an “Outstanding Small Business Award Winner.” This honor was published in Forbes magazine.
- Pacific Business News “40 Under Forty”. Shelley received a commendation from Governor Linda Lingle for her achievements
- Wilson Homecare recognized 5 times as one of the “Fastest 50” companies and named five times in PBN’s “Top 25 Women-Owned Businesses in Hawaii.”
Shelley’s Professional Affiliations:
- Chaminade University (Regent)
- Girl Scouts of Hawaii (Board Member)
- Hawaii Opera Theatre (Board Member)
- Veterans to Nurses (External Advisory Board)
- Hogan Advisory Board
- Hawaii Health at Work Alliance (Advisory Board Member)
- Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women and Children (Board Member)
- Hawaii Chamber of Commerce
- Chair – 2010
- Vice-Chair – 2009
- Past President of the Health Issues Committee
- Small Business Committee – Past Chairperson
- President – 2007
- East West Center of Hawaii (Past Board Member)
- Healthcare Association of Hawaii (Past Board Member)
- Vice Chancelier Argentier of the Honolulu Chaine Des Rotisseurs (Past Baillage D’Honolulu Chapter Officer)
- YWCA (Past Board Member)
- Organization of Women Leaders (Past Member)